Bushcraft weekend course (Fri 5pm – Sun 11am)
- Night 1 – Sleep in a tent / hammock
- Night 2 – Sleep in a shelter you have constructed
This is an in-depth course covering a vast array of bushcraft & survival subjects and also game butchery. Over the duration of the weekend, we will cover fire-lighting, shelter building, deer butchery, make your own game jerky, wild cooking, hide tanning, spoon carving, cordage making, survival challenges, camp & fire setup and lots more. After dinner you will get the chance to continue whittling away at your freshly carved spoon, practice your fire skills or make some final adjustments to your newly constructed shelters.
What to expect:
- DEER BUTCHERY – Master the skill of butchering and processing a deer for food, clothing, cordage & more.
- HIDE TANNING – Learn about how to tan a deer / rabbit hide using modern & ancient methods.
- FIRE-LIGHTING MASTERCLASS – Fire from scratch, tinders, wood selection & more.
- FIRE-LIGHTING CHELLENGE
- BUSHCRAFT COOKING – Learn how to make the most from cooking over a camp fire (wild cooking)
- CORDAGE MAKING – Make cordage from tree bark, plant fibres and roots.
- FORAGING – Identify natures edibles and more importantly….natures non-edibles!
- WILLOW WEAVING – Weave something special to take home.
- SHELTER BUILDING (OPTIONAL) – Construct your very own home for the night.
- SURVIVAL CHALLENGES
- SPOON CARVING – Wood identification / selection, tools and techniques to create a spoon to be proud of.
At the end of the course you will have the opportunity to take away with you; your own friction fire set, natural cordage and your newly carved spoon as well as a bag of game jerky.
For overnight courses, you will be advised to bring your own tent / hammock to sleep in. We have spare tarps and various other equipment you can use.