2021 COURSE DATES
Come and join our thrilling 24hour courses, sleep in the woods (in your own hammock/tent / shelter) and take part in a vast range of activities such as deer butchery, fire-lighting, foraging, cordage making, and much…much more! Our dates for 2021 are limited, but there are still a few spaces left on the course below.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our courses aim to take you to the next level of ‘bushcraft experiences’. During our courses you will learn about skills and techniques that are key to surviving in the wild including;
- DEER BUTCHERY – Master the skill of butchering and processing a deer for food, clothing, cordage & more.
HIDE TANNING – Learn about how to tan a deer/rabbit hide using modern & ancient methods.
- FIRE-LIGHTING MASTERCLASS – Fire from scratch, tinders, wood selection & more.
- FIRE-LIGHTING CHALLENGE
- BUSHCRAFT COOKING – Learn how to make the most from cooking over a camp fire (wild cooking)
- CORDAGE MAKING – Make cordage from tree bark, plant fibres and roots.
- FORAGING – Identify natures edibles and more importantly….natures non-edibles!
- WILLOW WEAVING – Weave something special to take home.
- SHELTER BUILDING (OPTIONAL) – Construct your very own home for the night.
- SURVIVAL CHALLENGES
- SPOON CARVING – Wood identification / selection, tools and techniques to create a spoon to be proud of.
You will be preparing your own dinner (deer/pigeon/duck/pheasant) and then cooking it over a fire that you have created from scratch. After dinner, you will have the chance to chill out and relax around the fire which is the perfect opportunity to finish your spoon carving, natural cordage or master your newly developed skill of fire-lighting before retiring to your bed under canvass, tarp or the stars.
Sleeping arrangements: Hammock/tarp/tent/ or in your own debris shelter!
7-8th May 2022
Saturday 11am – Sunday 11am
Location: Near Shepton Mallet, Somerset, UK
Treat a family member, friend or loved one to a unique woodland experience learning about bushcraft & survival. Choose from any of our courses, or email us your request.
Did you know: We have an online store selling products you may wish to purchase and bring along with you on the course
Food and Drinks
We will provide lunch, dinner, and then breakfast on the last day. The majority of our meals will be prepared as a group, working together to provide a substantial meal for everyone.
Don’t worry…although we like to keep it primitive, we still have eco-friendly toilets and running water!