24hr COURSE – Sat 7th May – Sun 8th May 2022
Duration: 11am – 11am Sunday 7th May (
This course aims to take you to the next level of bushcraft experiences. During the course, you will learn skills and techniques that are key to surviving in the wild…including;
- DEER BUTCHERY – Master the skill of butchering and processing a deer for food, clothing, cordage & more.
- HIDE TANNING – Learn about how to tan a deer/rabbit hide using modern & ancient methods.
- FIRE-LIGHTING MASTERCLASS – Fire from scratch, tinders, wood selection & more.
- FIRE-LIGHTING CHALLENGES
- BUSHCRAFT COOKING – Learn how to make the most from cooking over a campfire (wild cooking)
- CORDAGE MAKING – Make cordage from tree bark, plant fibers, and roots.
- FORAGING – Identify nature’s edibles and more importantly….natures non-edibles!
- SHELTER BUILDING (OPTIONAL) – Construct your very own home for the night.
- SURVIVAL CHALLENGES
- SPOON CARVING – Wood identification/selection, tools, and techniques to create a spoon to be proud of.
You will be preparing your own dinner (deer/pigeon/duck/pheasant) and then cooking it over a fire that you have created from scratch. After dinner, you will have the chance to chill out and relax around the fire which is the perfect opportunity to finish your spoon carving, natural cordage, or master your newly developed skill of fire-lighting before retiring to your bed under canvass, tarp, or the stars.
Sleeping arrangements: Hammock + tarp/tent/ or in your own shelter!